Sugar Wax: Fine to Medium hair removal for Men + Women
Vidasleek's all-natural Sugar Wax kit is made with pure cane sugar, sea salt, and lemon juice. It is the perfect hair removal wax system for both men and women with fine to medium hair thickness. With ingredients so safe you can eat them, and results as effective as going to a salon – it is the ideal home waxing kit for a healthy, natural lifestyle. Using the sugar wax kit is easy, simply apply a thin layer of the sugar wax onto you skin in the same direction as hair growth, apply your epilating strip over the wax and smooth down firmly 3-5 times, then in one quick motion, remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth. After you’re done waxing, simply wash any remaining residue off with water! It’s that easy.
Vidasleek’s Sugar Wax Kit is the preferred wax kit among men, but works just as great on women with fine to medium hair.
Remain hair free for up to 8 weeks!
Water Washable – No Messy Cleaning
No Chemicals – Non Toxic – No Preservatives
Made in USA – Responsibly and Locally Sourced Ingredients
Complete wax kit includes:
10 oz. / 283g. Hair Removal Wax
10 Waxing Strips
2 Wooden Spatulas
Can I use this on my face?
We do not recommend Sugar Wax for facial hair removal, but we do recommend our Hard Wax Kit or Wax Strips for Face, Underarm, and Bikini for facial hair removal.
I came up with a pimply rash, why?
A pimply rash is quite common (especially for men) and is the skin’s reaction to having hair pulled from the root. This should subside within 24 hours. To reduce the chances of getting a rash after waxing, make sure to apply the wax on completely clean skin that is free of oils, lotions, and sweat. A light dusting of baby powder or corn starch powder applied before the wax will also help prevent a rash.
Why was little to no hair removed?
- you are transitioning from shaving to waxing (hair may be too thick rooted and coarse for the Sugar Wax). For thick rooted/coarse body hair, or if transitioning from shaving to waxing, please see our Spa Wax Kit.
- hair is not at least 1/4″-1/2″ long
- the area is not clean, dry and free from makeup, sweat and moisturizers (use talcum powder if skin is moist/oily)
- too thick a layer of sugar wax is applied – it needs to be paper thin
- you did not pull off the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth
- you pulled off the non-woven strip upwards rather than close and parallel to the skin
- the skin was not held taut
Will the hair grow back coarser and darker?
No. On the contrary, the hair will grow back thinner. BodyHonee’s Sugar Wax removes the hair from the root, thus discouraging hair growth. Regular usage will noticeably reduce hair growth and the re-growth takes longer to appear and is considerably thinner.
I don’t own a microwave, can I still heat the wax?
Place BodyHonee Wax jar in a shallow water filled pan on stovetop and heat until wax reaches a soft, honey-like consistency. Make sure no water gets inside the wax jar – this will change the consistency and prevent the product from working.
Why am I having trouble removing hair when I wax?
You are probably having one of the following problems: 1. The hair is too short. Hair needs to be at least a quarter of an inch long to wax. 2. The wax strip was pulled off too slowly or in the wrong direction. Make sure to stroke the strip firmly onto the wax about 3-4 times in the direction of hair growth. Then, in one quick motion remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth, as close and parallel to the skin as possible. 3. Too much wax was applied. Holding the spatula at a 45 degree angle, always apply the wax in a thin, transparent layer IN the direction of hair growth. Do not allow the wax to cover any area that is being untreated at that moment. 4. If any water or too much moisture gets into the product or is on your skin, the wax will become ineffective.
Can men us it?
Yes. All BodyHonee products are made for both men and women. BodyHonee is so effective that it will even remove the coarsest of male hair. In fact, many of BodyHonee’s users are male athletes and body builders.
Will it hurt?
Any time you pull hair out at the root, you are likely to feel some discomfort (think of pulling off a bandage), but the initial sensation only lasts a few seconds. Naturally, you may experience some discomfort when waxing sensitive areas and first time waxing can feel more tender. It gets easier over time as the hair becomes weaker and finer the more you wax it. Here are some tips to minimize pain: Baby steps. Get comfortable doing legs before trying a more sensitive or challenging area like your bikini or underarms. Women tend to be more sensitive the week before their periods, so try to avoid that time if possible. Ibuprofen can help diminish pain and relieve swelling when taken 30 minutes to an hour prior to waxing. Do not wax immediately after a bath, shower, or sunbathing. Use the wax on completely dry skin – free of oils and lotions. Put a thin layer of talcum powder or corn starch on the skin beforehand. Breathe and Relax. Try not to hold your breath. Try to breathe into your pain- Deep breath in as you apply, then full exhale as you pull back the strip quickly in the opposite direction as hair growth. Give yourself enough space, time and privacy to perform the wax. This will help you to relax. Prepare your area with everything you need before getting started, and hey, why not a little soothing music and light candle as well?
How long will my results last?
Generally speaking, waxing lasts about 4-8 weeks. However, everyone is different and results can vary depending on your hair type.
Is waxing better than shaving?
We believe waxing is better than shaving! In fact, we wonder why anyone would risk razor cuts, stubble, and in-growns for hair removal that only lasts a day or two. Waxing is sanitary, effective and the results last for weeks. Not only that – you can do it just about anywhere.
FOR BEST RESULTS, LIGHTLY DUST SKIN WITH CORN STARCH OR TALCUM POWDER TO HELP WAX ADHERE BETTER
• Hair should be at least 1/4” long so it will adhere to wax. Hair should be no longer than 1/2”. To avoid tangling and discomfort, trim longer hair before treatment.
• Previously shaved hair is strong & resistant. Wait 2 weeks or until hair is longer than 1/4” before first use.
CHECK HAIR’S GROWTH PATTERN: Always check the direction of hair growth before applying wax. Hair sometimes grows in several different directions in one area – treat each direction separately and work in small sections.
IMPORTANT BASIC WAXING STEPS
NOTE: The suggested heating time is based on a 1200 Watt microwave. Individual microwaves may vary. Heat wax for minimum time first. Repeat at shorter intervals as needed until wax is warm. Wax must be spread thinly to be effective. If it’s too cool, it will be difficult to spread. Be sure to heat it sufficiently.
TEST WAX TEMPERATURE BEFORE USE
Testing the wax temperature helps prevent overheating and helps ensure wax temperature is safe for use. If wax is too hot, let it cool for a few minutes and test again. Overheated wax can cause burns to the skin.
1. MICROWAVE WAX
• Remove lid and safety seal from jar.
• Place on a microwaveable plate.
• Microwave jar of wax for 30 seconds at a high setting until wax is melted to a spreadable consistency.
• Let jar stand in microwave for 1 minute to cool before removing. USE CAUTION WHEN HANDLING.
• If wax has not melted, additional heating time is required. Repeat at 10-second intervals until wax is warm and easily spreadable. Let jar stand in microwave for 1 minute to cool before removing, between heating intervals.
DO NOT OVERHEAT. DO NOT EXCEED 1 MINUTE TOTAL MICROWAVE HEATING TIME.
• Adjust heating time according to the amount of product remaining in the jar. Less time for less product remaining in the jar.
• Overheated wax can cause burns to the skin.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
• Keep safety seal ON the jar to prevent any water from entering the jar and diluting the product. This will make the product ineffective.
• Place VidaSleek Sugar Wax jar in a shallow water filled pan on stovetop and heat until wax reaches a soft, honey-like consistency.
2. APPLY WAX
• Carefully put the spatula into the wax and gently stir from bottom to top, creating an even consistency throughout.
• Check wax temperature before applying. Test wax on the inside of your wrist - wax should be warm, not hot.
• When removing the spatula with the wax, rotate the spatula to prevent wax from running or dripping.
• Determine direction of hair growth – apply wax in the same direction. (Hair often grows in several directions in the same area. If needed, work on one small area at a time for accuracy.)
• Use wooden spatula to spread a thin layer of wax IN THE DIRECTION of hair growth over one small area at a time.
• Do not wax more than a 2 inch square area at a time.
3. APPLY/REMOVE STRIP
• Apply strip IN THE DIRECTION of hair growth.
• Stroke strip 2-3 times firmly in the direction of hair growth to help wax grip hair.
• Leave at least 1/2” cloth strip free of wax so it can be easily grasped.
• Immediately remove strip: Hold skin taut with one hand and use the other hand to pull off strip VERY QUICKLY IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION of hair growth. Keep hand as close and parallel to skin as possible. If strip is peeled off too slowly, wax will remain on skin and hair will not be removed.
4. AFTER HAIR REMOVAL
• Gently wipe skin with a warm water washcloth after hair removal is complete to help remove excess wax residue and to moisturize and soften skin.
• A slight reddening of the skin is normal for several hours after removing hair by the root, as is a minor stinging sensation on sensitive skin. If more severe reaction occurs, discontinue use immediately - do not proceed, and contact a doctor immediately.
Sucrose, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt