Spa Wax: Thick to Coarse Hair Removal Wax Kit for Men + Women
VidaSleek's Spa Wax Kit is an all-natural, extra strength hair removal wax that will completely remove thick, coarse, unwanted hairs. No more missed hairs – even the shortest ones are removed. Hair regrowth will appear slower, softer and finer than other hair removal methods. The naturally derived formula infused with avocado oil will leave you with beautiful, shiny, smooth skin! With ingredients so safe, and results as effective as going to a salon – it is the ideal hair removal waxing kit for a healthy, natural lifestyle. Using the kit is easy, simply apply a thin layer of VidaSleek Spa wax onto you skin in the same direction as hair growth, apply your epilating strip over the wax and smooth down firmly 3-5 times, then in one quick motion, remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth.
After you’re done waxing, simply apply the soothing Post Wax Oil to clean the skin! It’s that easy.
VidaSleek's Spa Wax is the preferred hair removal product for both men and women with thick, coarse hair.
Where to use: Legs, arms, underarms, bikini area, face… almost anywhere unwanted hair is a problem. Note: The Spa Wax is not to be used on male beard/mustache, neck, head, ear or nose hair removal.
Remain hair free for up to 8 weeks!
No Chemicals – Non Toxic – No Preservatives
Made in USA – Responsibly and Locally Sourced Ingredients
Complete wax kit includes:
10 oz. / 283g. Hair Removal Wax
10 Waxing Strips
2 Wooden Spatulas
Can I use the spa wax on my face?
Yes, the Spa Wax can be used for hair removal on the body or face (facial hair removal with our Spa Wax should be used for women only).
I came up with a pimply rash...why?
pimply rash is quite common (especially for men) and is the skin’s reaction to having hair pulled from the root. This should subside within 24 hours. To reduce the chances of getting a rash after waxing, make sure to apply the wax on completely clean skin that is free of oils, lotions, and sweat. A light dusting of baby powder or corn starch powder applied before the wax will also help prevent a rash.
I have experienced bruising / swelling / irritation, what has gone wrong?
There are a number of reasons why bruising, swelling and/or irritation may occur so it’s important to ALWAYS read the instructions and perform a patch test before treatment to ensure you’re skin is suitable. Here are some of the things to look out for. Refer to the precautions in the manual for more information.
- Are you a diabetic/take oral retinoids(antibiotics)/is your skin very dry? If so, you should not be using this product. For a detailed explanation of suitable skins types, you should refer to our instruction leaflet.
- Did you remember to keep the skin taut as you pulled the strip off? This is essential to prevent bruising/swelling/irritation.
- Did you pull the strip up rather than close to the skin? This can cause bruising/swelling/irritation.
- Did you go over the same area more than twice? Do not re-wax the area if your skin is irritated.
- Did you use the product just before or during your period? Your skin is really sensitive during this time and I wouldn’t recommend waxing until after your period. You will find that it will be a far less painful experience then.
- Was the hair very long? We advise to trim the hair to 1/4″, as longer hair will be more painful to remove and you might experience bruising/swelling/irritation.
NOTE: It’s quite normal to experience a little redness or irritation after waxing, especially if you’re new to it. Always perform a patch test in the area to be treated and wait at least 24 hours to ensure any redness subsides before proceeding with waxing.
Why was little to no hair removed?
- hair is not at least 1/4″-1/2″ long
- the area is not clean, dry and free from makeup, sweat and moisturizers (use talcum powder if skin is moist/oily)
- too thick a layer of wax is applied – it needs to be paper thin
- you did not pull off the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth
- you pulled off the non-woven strip upwards rather than close and parallel to the skin
- the skin was not held taut
- Note: Do not allow the wax to cover any area that is being untreated at that moment
Will the hair grow back coarser and darker?
No. On the contrary, the hair will grow back thinner. VidaSleek’s Spa Wax removes the hair from the root, thus discouraging hair growth. Regular usage will noticeably reduce hair growth and the re-growth takes longer to appear and is considerably thinner.
I don’t own a microwave, can I still heat the wax?
Place VidaSleek Wax jar in a shallow water filled pan on stovetop and heat until wax reaches a soft, honey-like consistency. Make sure no water gets inside the wax jar – this will change the consistency and prevent the product from working.
Why am I having trouble removing hair when I wax?
You are probably having one of the following problems: 1. The hair is too short. Hair needs to be at least a quarter of an inch long to wax. 2. The wax strip was pulled off too slowly or in the wrong direction. Make sure to stroke the strip firmly onto the wax about 3-4 times in the direction of hair growth. Then, in one quick motion remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth, as close and parallel to the skin as possible. 3. Too much wax was applied. Holding the spatula at a 45 degree angle, always apply the wax in a thin, transparent layer IN the direction of hair growth. Do not allow the wax to cover any area that is being untreated at that moment. 4. If any water or too much moisture gets into the product or is on your skin, the wax will become ineffective.
Can men us it?
Yes. All VidaSleek products are made for both men and women. VidaSleek is so effective that it will even remove the coarsest of male hair. In fact, many of VidaSleek’s users are male athletes and body builders.
Will it hurt?
Any time you pull hair out at the root, you are likely to feel some discomfort (think of pulling off a bandage), but the initial sensation only lasts a few seconds. Naturally, you may experience some discomfort when waxing sensitive areas and first time waxing can feel more tender. It gets easier over time as the hair becomes weaker and finer the more you wax it. Here are some tips to minimize pain: Baby steps. Get comfortable doing legs before trying a more sensitive or challenging area like your bikini or underarms. Women tend to be more sensitive the week before their periods, so try to avoid that time if possible. Ibuprofen can help diminish pain and relieve swelling when taken 30 minutes to an hour prior to waxing. Do not wax immediately after a bath, shower, or sunbathing. Use the wax on completely dry skin – free of oils and lotions. Put a thin layer of talcum powder or corn starch on the skin beforehand. Breathe and Relax. Try not to hold your breath. Try to breathe into your pain- Deep breath in as you apply, then full exhale as you pull back the strip quickly in the opposite direction as hair growth. Give yourself enough space, time and privacy to perform the wax. This will help you to relax. Prepare your area with everything you need before getting started, and hey, why not a little soothing music and light candle as well?
How long will my results last?
Generally speaking, waxing lasts about 4-8 weeks. However, everyone is different and results can vary depending on your hair type.
Is waxing better than shaving?
We believe waxing is better than shaving! In fact, we wonder why anyone would risk razor cuts, stubble, and in-growns for hair removal that only lasts a day or two. Waxing is sanitary, effective and the results last for weeks. Not only that – you can do it just about anywhere.
• Remove lid and safety seal from jar (See note above before attempting to open jar)
• Place on a microwaveable plate.
• Microwave jar of wax for 1 minute at a high setting until wax is melted to a spreadable consistency. Heat for additional minute as needed.
• Let jar stand in microwave for 1 minute to cool before removing. USE CAUTION WHEN HANDLING.
• If wax has not melted, additional heating time is required. Repeat at
10-second intervals until wax is warm and easily spreadable. Let jar stand in microwave for 1 minute to cool before removing, between heating intervals.
DO NOT OVERHEAT. DO NOT EXCEED 2 MINUTES TOTAL MICROWAVE HEATING TIME.
• Adjust heating time according to the amount of product remaining in the jar. Less time for less product remaining in the jar.
• Overheated wax can cause burns to the skin.
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
• Place VidaSleek Spa Wax jar in a shallow water lled pan on stovetop and heat until wax reaches a soft, honey-like consistency.
• Make sure no water gets inside the wax jar - this will change the consistency and prevent the product from working.
• Carefully put the spatula into the wax and gently stir from bottom to top, creating an even consistency throughout.
• Check wax temperature before applying. Test wax on the inside of your wrist - wax should be warm, not hot.
• When removing the spatula with the wax, rotate the spatula to prevent wax from running or dripping.
• Use the spatula to spread a THIN layer of wax over one small area at a time.
• Do not wax more than a 2 inch square area at a time.
• Determine direction of hair growth – apply wax in the same direction. (Hair often grows in several directions in the same area. If needed, work on one small area at a time for accuracy.)
• Use wooden spatula to spread a thin layer of wax IN THE DIRECTION of hair growth over one small area at a time.
• Apply strip IN THE DIRECTION of hair growth.
• Stroke strip 2-3 times rmly in the direction of hair growth to help wax grip hair.
• Leave at least 1/2” cloth strip free so it can be easily grasped.
• Immediately remove strip: Hold skin taut with one hand and use the other hand to pull off strip VERY QUICKLY IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION of hair growth. Keep hand as close and parallel to skin as possible. If strip is peeled off too slowly, wax will remain on skin and hair will not be removed.
AFTER HAIR REMOVAL
• Gently wipe skin with cleansing towelette after hair removal is complete
to help remove excess wax residue and to moisturize and soften skin.
• A slight reddening of the skin is normal for several hours after removing hair by the root, as is a minor stinging sensation on sensitive skin. If more severe reaction occurs, discontinue use immediately - do not proceed, and contact a doctor immediately.
Wax: Gum Rosin, Pine Resin, Avocado Oil
Finishing Oil: Isopropyl Myrisate (plant-sourced), Jojoba Oil, German Chamomile Oil